Fish farming remains important within the Shetland economy and Shetland Vets provides veterinary services to the local aquaculture industry, with the help of David Sutherland, a vet with a Post-Graduate MSc qualification in Aquatic Veterinary Studies.
- Routine health monitoring and reporting
- Emergency visits anywhere in Shetland
- Diagnostic service with in-house bacteriology.
- Sampling for histology, virology, blood testing and water quality (including algae and jellyfish)
- Lice counts
- Bioassay to assess effectiveness of treatment
- Staff training in health aspects of aquaculture
- Reporting to insurance companies
- Supply of medicines, anaesthetics and disinfectants
Please contact Shetland Vets if there is anything we might be able to do to help you