Home Farm animals
Jim paring bulls feet
For farmers and crofters, we offer the full range of traditional veterinary services you would expect, combined with advisory and preventative medicine. We work with our clients to maximise the health status and productivity of their animals.
- Animal welfare plans for Scottish Government health schemes
- Local health schemes
- Sheep – EAE testing, CLA control, MV testing, Scrapie testing
- Cattle – BVD eradication, Johnes monitoring and eradication
- Advice on biosecurity
- Routine visits for dehorning, castration, pregnancy testing
- Emergency visits for calving, lambing etc.
- Parasite treatments e.g. fluke and worm drenches, topical insecticides (e.g. Spot On, Crovect)
- Vaccines e.g. Heptavac, Footvax
- Copper, cobalt and selenium supplements
- Ear tag orders
- Products for crofters such as marker sprays, lambs milk, shepherd’s crooks and much more…
Please contact Shetland Vets if there is anything we might be able to do to help you